13 January 2010

New Recipes Two and Three

A friend has let me borrow many of her issues of Martha Stewart's magazine Everyday Food. What a nice little food publication; it's full of normal food and great photos!

In the past week, I've made two little side dishes: Mashed White Beans--white kidney beans with garlic and sage, and Chickpeas and Tuna--garbanzo beans, onions, garlic and tuna.


The Mashed White Beans turned out not-so white. I think I smooshed them in the simmering sauce too early, and they turned very grey and sad-looking. Tastes fine, although I wonder what I could add to give them a bit more flavor. They are pictured with pork shoulder roast, which I made with olive oil, Worchestershire sauce, and some peppercorn and garlic spice mix.


I think I used too many onions in the tuna and chickpea salad; it tasted a bit sharp and strong to me. An addition of some mayonnaise helped. My husband said it would work for him as a main dish.

I'm having fun looking through the many recipes and getting inspired! More good food around the house equals less snacking on unhealthy things!

No comments: