09 January 2010

Going to Knitting Group = No Knitting


Thursday I went to two knitting/crafting groups, one for three hours in the afternoon, and one for over two hours in the evening, each with friendly ladies from church. I pulled out a lace shawl project I started last summer (which I can't detail, since it's a gift), and did manage to figure out my scratchings and notes enough to get some rows finished. Even though there are fewer than 200 stitches on the needles right now, it felt like the rows were taking forever, and in all those hours I only did 6 rows. Yesterday I did two rows and timed myself. They took less than 40 minutes to do them both. I guess trying to knit when there are little sandwiches, tea, wine, friends and craft magazines around doesn't really work!

1 comment:

Kjerste said...

Ah, but you can't put a price on good fellowship. So glad you came!