02 January 2007

Some Finished Christmas Presents

Happy New Year 2007!
I managed to finish two Christmas presents sometime near December 25th.



A bunny puppet for a child, knit in some leftover pink chenille. Puppets are easy; knit a rectangle, sew up the sides, pick up some stitches at the top for some ears, and embroider on a face. If you're feeling ambitious (and you have time), you can add a tail too. I've made bunnies, puppies and kittens.




This is the kind of hat my husband likes--a simple tube so his ears stay warm. I'll have to find the yarn label, but I know it was wool and knit in garter stitch on #9s. I knit a rectangle long enough to wrap around his head and seamed the edges.

Edited to Add: Ok, the yarn for the HatThing is a mouthful: ONline Trend-Collection Linie 157 Tessa. It's 100% superwash virgin wool; I bought 4 balls and each is 85 meters. Er, I need to convert that to yards: almost 93. Also: 50 grams=1.76ounces. I knit with the yarn doubled, so it's pretty plush and thick. I'm sure I could have gotten away with buying 3 balls, and splitting the 3rd into two, but I didn't know how much I would need and don't mind having the extra.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the hat thing my dear! I'll try not to lose this one.