12 January 2007

Snow and Ice + Ditching Work Early =




Ahh, funny how having a few extra hours in my day
doesn't mean the house gets any cleaner.

This is the Mistake Stitch Rib Scarf; except for about a yard, I used the entire 110 yard ball of Satori (Silk, Mohair, and Wool) from San Francisco.

When I first looked up the Mistake Stitch Rib, my source said to cast on a multiple of 4+1. Later, I looked it up another place, and it said 4+3. I think that for a circular item, the first would work, but for a flat piece, the second would be better. My scarf is not quite symmetrical. Oh well! Next time. I do like how the ribbing highlights the light and shiny fibers in the yarn and increases the depth of the darker fibers.

Mistake Stitch Rib: Cast on a multiple of 4+3 (or +1!), and k2, p2 across each row. Of course, you'll end up at the end of each row only knitting or purling 1 stitch, but that's how the "mistake" is created. It's a nice ribbing--try it!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The color is beautiful. The stitch is just the scarf Rachel originally knit as a Moebius circle and which you changed for me. The stitch makes it very deep and soft and warm.