07 March 2010

On the Podium

The question was, could I knit a shawl in slightly more than two weeks?
I cast on the day of the Winter Olympic opening ceremonies, and starting knitting.
I turned on the Olympics, and knit.


I knit at the airport.


I knit in Michigan.


I knit at the hospital, visiting my mom after heart surgery.


I finished knitting Saturday, the day before the closing ceremonies.
I even sewed in the ends.
However, because I did not wash it and pin it out until the following Wednesday (see aforementioned heart surgery), I cannot claim the gold medal in knitting.



I'll just picture myself on the podium.


I love it, and I'm so proud. My O Canada is beautiful.



3 comments:

Kjerste said...

So impressed and inspired!

Dana said...

It's beautiful!! Hope I am able to make it tomorrow night to see it in person :)

Erika said...

Love the color!