10 March 2010

Birthday Redtwig Dogwood


Yesterday I spent some birthday money on a beautiful shrub, a redtwig dogwood. It's compact, growing only to 2-3 feet tall and wide. Today, I expanded a flower bed in my yard and planted it. I love it!!



It shines in the afternoon sun and is visible from my side windows and is right in front of me when I walk out the back door. Love love love it!!

Oh, I also bought a spurge (euphorbia), but lost the tag already, so I can't give you its full name. Red-stemmed or something.

2 comments:

Kjerste said...

Wish I had your gumption when it comes to gardening! Still haven't even done my winter clean up. :)

Looking forward to tonight! Yay knitting!

Brenda Gronewold said...

Be prepared for baby Euforbias. They are so cute when in bloom, plus they grow anywhere and if you DON"T want the babies, they pull up very easily. Best birt control is to cut back "blooms" before they go to seed.....I am bad at this as I hate to loose that lovely green that lasts so long.