29 January 2011

Bid and It's Yours!

The CHS Mid-Winter Madrigal Silent Auction is coming up, and this shawl I knit will be one of the items up for bidding.

You know you want it!!

It took 600 yards of Jo Sharp DK 100% wool and roughly 27 hours to knit over a period of 70 days. (I looked how much the yarn would cost today--it's $51.) This is the 5th time I've knit this lovely shawl. It's so versatile!



It looks great over a colored shirt.


There are so many ways to wear it!



Pinning it out!


I knit much of this on trips. This is at Houston's George Bush Int'l...


...and Cleveland Hopkins Int'l Airport.

The shawl comes with a photo album of the project in process--see your shawl all over the U.S.! See you at the auction!

3 comments:

Kjerste said...

Beautiful! See you there!!!

Lykosh said...

Lesley! I have been wishing I remembered your email address for a year and a half! Please email me at my first initial, last name, @gmail.com, so I can be in touch again!

Thanks for remembering my birthday. Amazing to see the projects you create. I have the handspun yarn poncho you blessed me with in my drawer and I pet it and love it.

Erika said...

So pretty!